What is the net worth of Jet Li?
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Born:||April 26, 1963|
|Height:||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Country of Origin:||China|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Actor|
|Last Updated:||August 2, 2022|
One of the most popular Asian actors of the current era is Jet Li, a legendary Hong Kong action icon who has starred in numerous successful action films.
Some of the most illustrious action movie stars in history have appeared in his Hollywood productions, and Li's enormous net worth has grown as a result of his numerous brand sponsorships.
Jet Li's net worth is predicted to reach $250 million as of January 2023.
- Shaolin Temple, a 1982 Hong Kong-Chinese film, sold almost 300 million tickets in China. It was Jet Li's debut motion picture.
- Li agreed to play in Lethal Weapon 4 because director/producer Joel Silver promised to give him the lead role in his subsequent movie.
- Over the course of his career, Li has provided endorsements for a variety of products, including some of the most costly watches in the world, wearing the Hublot label.
- When Jet Li was just two years old, his father passed away, leaving him to struggle with money throughout his childhood.
- In 1986, he made his directorial debut with the movie Born to Defense, for which he also choreographed the battle scenes.
- Li was a finalist for People magazine's 2003 poll of the Sexiest Man Alive.
- His movie Kiss The Dragon, in which Li plays a police officer, was outlawed in China.
- Li is a fervent supporter of Wushu and is a master of many of the styles, with a focus on Fnziquán and Chángquán.
- As the Red Cross Society of China's humanitarian ambassador, Jet Li takes his role as a volunteer very seriously.
- His thyroid gland overproduces thyroxin hormones as a result of hyperthyroidism, which he has.
In Beijing, China, on April 26, 1963, Li Lianjie, the youngest of four children—one brother and two sisters—was born as Jet Li.
When he was eight years old, his Wushu talent was discovered, which led Li to join the Beijing Wushu Team and train under trainers Li Junfeng and Wu Bin.
He won fifteen gold medals and one silver during his participation in the Chinese Wushu Championships.
Early martial arts accomplishments helped Jet Li adapt to acting in movies, starting with the action flick Shaolin Temple in 1982.
His standing as a reliable leading man was cemented by subsequent Hong Kong blockbusters including the Once Upon A Time in China trilogy and Fist of Legend, a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury.
His breakout portrayal as a villain in the Mel Gibson blockbuster Lethal Weapon 4 marked his entry into the Hollywood film industry.
The enormous popularity of this picture gave rise to opportunities to work with some of the world's richest directors and celebrities like Morgan Freeman in the movie Unleashed.
Li has collaborated with Jason Statham on multiple occasions. They initially appeared together in the 2001 film The One, and they later collaborated again on the all-star cast of The Expendables, which also starred Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Li most recently portrayed the Emperor of China in Mulan, a live-action adaptation of the beloved Disney animated film.
As the hero of multiple successful action films in both Hong Kong and the United States, Jet Li has amassed a sizable fortune.
An approximate breakdown of Jet Li's career earnings is provided below:
- In 1982 – $700
- In 2000 – $2.4 million
- In 2001 – $12.5 million
- In 2003 – $21 million
- In 2007 – $62 million
- In 2022 – $20 million
Jet Li's net worth has grown over the years with a career spanning decades and a number of blockbusters and cult films.
The following list details Jet Li's yearly net worth:
- In 2017 – $148 million
- In 2018 – $162 million
- In 2019 – $180 million
- In 2020 – $205 million
- In 2021 – $240 million
- In 2022 – $250 million
In 1987, Jet Li wed Huang Qiuyan for the first time; they have two children together, Si and Taimi.
In 1999, he wed Nina Li Chi, an actress who was born in Shanghai, and together they have two more children, Jane and Jada Li.
Jet Li is a dedicated student of Lho Kunsang and a committed practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism. He also enjoys playing badminton and table tennis.
Awards and Achievements
Numerous award shows have taken note of Jet Li's outstanding career as one of the greatest martial arts heroes of all time.
Here are some of Jet Li's career high points:
- 1995: For his contributions to the cinema business, Jet Li receives a Special Award at the Golden Horse Film Festival.
- Li's portrayal as the antagonist in Lethal Weapon 4 earned her a nomination for Best Villain at the 1999 MTV Movie Awards.
- 2001: Li receives a second Best Fight nomination at the MTV Movie Awards for Romeo Must Die. The following two years, Li received the same nomination for The One and Cradle to the Grave.
- 2006: Li wins Best Actor at the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards for his work in Fearless. 2008: He wins Best Actor at both the Shanghai Film Critics Awards and at the Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards for his work in The Warlords.
How does Jet Li use his money?
Over the course of his career, Jet Li is known to have made large real estate investments, including some of the most costly homes available.
This includes real estate abroad as well as Pudong, China, which is said to be valued roughly $40 million.
Li has an incredible collection of some of the most costly vehicles in the world, including a Rolls-Royce and a Ferarri, much like fellow Hong Kong action icon Jackie Chan.
Here are some of Jet Li's most notable career high points:
- 1982: Jet Li's first film, Shaolin Temple, becomes a great box office success in China, kicking off his career as a professional actor.
- 1991: Li, who collaborates with legendary action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, becomes well-known abroad thanks to his leading part in the Once Upon a Time in China trilogy.
- 1998: Li first becomes known to a general Western audience because to his ground-breaking Hollywood performance in Lethal Weapon 4.
- 2002: Jet Li returns to China with a leading role in the acclaimed Zhang Yimou movie Hero after spending some time there.
- 2010: Li starts working on his second successful action trilogy, this time playing characters in The Expendables.
Jet Li has provided some insightful observations about culture and way of life that we can all learn from as a result of his experiences in the East and the West.
Here are some of our preferred sayings by Jet Li:
“Bruce Lee was very famous. I watched his movies and he is amazing. He is a martial arts master, his philosophy, his movement, both physically and mentally, were very strong. ” – Jet Li
” I am so happy because I want more people to like martial arts movies not just martial arts audiences. Even martial arts can be used in comedy, in drama, in horror movies, in different kinds of movies.” – Jet Li
” Jackie Chan is a very good comedy/martial arts star. He does one kind of martial arts that Jet Li doesn’t know how to do and Jet Li does a martial art that Jackie Chan doesn’t know how to do. You can both go to two Chinese restaurants, but both can have different kinds of food.” – Jet Li
” Everywhere I go, I still have time to meditate. People think meditating is sitting there, nobody bothering you, but you can even talk and still meditate.” – Jet Li
” In the States, you can buy Chinese food. In Beijing, you can buy hamburgers. It’s very close. Now I feel the world become a big family, like a really big family. You have many neighbors. Not like before, two countries are far away.” – Jet Li
3 Amazing Lessons
Let's look at some life lessons from Jet Li that we may learn from in order to become better people now that you are fully aware of his net worth.
The following are some of the most effective life teachings from Jet Li:
1. Your best line of defense against life's issues is humility
The primary factor in many failures is ego, therefore keeping it in control with a healthy dose of humility is crucial to ensuring that you stay grounded.
2. Joy Is Always Around You
Remember that happiness is a state of mind that you can access when you need it the most when you're feeling depressed.
3. Don't let other people's perceptions of you affect you.
You won't succeed in life if you base your decisions too heavily on other people's perceptions. Consider their opinions to be background noise in your life and take them with a grain of salt.
This article on Jet Li's net worth has explored his career high points and the blockbuster films that have made him extremely wealthy.
Li's net worth will change as he continues to create films and start new businesses, so come back later because we'll update this page with the most recent figures.
Jet Li's net worth is predicted to reach $250 million as of January 2023.